Welcome to the Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department
Our fire and rescue services cover an area of approximately 145 square miles. The Gothenburg Volunteer Fire Department has 44 members. Fire trucks at our disposal include four wildland fire engines and three pumper trucks. We provide a full range of rescue services including, but not limited to, extraction, rope rescue and two ambulances.
We are an entirely volunteer organization that is committed to helping our community and surrounding area.
- Fire Chief: Mark Ballmer
- Assistant Fire Chief: Mark Ostergard
- 2nd Assistant Fire Chief: Troy Franzen
- Rescue Captain: Jason Wagner
- Assistant Rescue Captain: Mike Wagner
- President: Rob Ostergard
- Vice President: Lane Vannatta
- Secretary: Dan Meisinger
- Treasurer: Adam Finke